Twitter Updates

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

To Be (Technical) or Not To Be (Technical)...

...this is the question...

At this moment, it seems that in order to success in the current company, I need to find a way to pull my technical oriented soul out and put in the business mind spirit in. Otherwise, I will be a "pre-sales" who cannot "sell" :(

However, I find it rather difficult to get rid of the technical part of myself because I need to come up with technical solution for our client all the time. I want to propose not just a solution, but a good and cost-effective solution. But apparently, it is not the business world needs...

But how could I got exposed to the business side if I don't have access to it?

Maybe I should just concentrate on my study....hopefully one day I could have more control of my life...

3 comments:

Simple said...

Joel,

The business world is like that, like the famous singers sing commerical songs. The question "to be technical" or "not to be technical" is synonymous with "quit" or "stay"? What is your choice?

Pazu

姥姥 said...

Close your eyes during day time, and be the true yourself after work?

Does this really help to reach your goal?

Anonymous said...

Joel, I finally became a team lead and let me tell you, this means dealing with people and decisions all the time! One thing that I like is, I got to learn more about the business aspects but honestly, I think I'm happier staying technical. I found myself asking my team members "What's the project's status?","Any issues meeting the deadlines?","Are we still on track" kind of questions all the time and I'm getting tired or this. But I like dealing with my internal customers. The world would be perfect if there are no deadlines...hehe
Anyway, happy to know that you are pursuing your MBA and welcome to the cruel "business" world! :) I just witnessed two managers left their current assignments due to mistakes they made on their jobs.