Twitter Updates

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Listening to UC Berkeley's Search Engine Class

I have been learning and researching more on search engine lately and I am glad to found out that there is a free 2007 class online on this subject from UC Berkeley, one of the best university in the world.

UC Berkeley Webcasts | Video and Podcasts: INFO 141

I wish they could also post the slides for the class as well so I could visually the algorithm that they are talking about.

The internet has really changed how people learn.

I am currently taking classes from two different universities in HK, yet at the same time I am also listening to this class from UC. All the educational information are available now and the only one stopping me to learn is myself.

I could still remember how difficult it was to find out information on game programming when I wrote my first game using QuickBasic (Yeah...it was a long time ago...). Now, there are so many learning opportunities now and the key is information discovery and filtering.

We are living in exciting time.

[Updated: this 2005 version of the class with Video. I remembered I blog about it before too]


No comments: