Twitter Updates

Thursday, April 20, 2006

HKUST interview session.

Went to HKUST for the first time yesterday. I heard that the whole school has wifi coverage so I started up my notebook to give it a try. Unfortunately, it asks for username and password as it is for the school student only. Bummer....

Interestingly, one of the feeling I got when I reached the campus is that it reminds me of University of Macau. Yes, I know they are totally different, but there is a view that just looks familiar to me....the red circle area is the library and there is a big opening in the middle that I could look outside. And I haven't been to UofM for, I believe, more than ten years lu.


So what about the interview? It is a face-to-face interview, no group discussion. Two ladies interviewed me for about a little bit more than 30 minutes. It asked some questions about my current position, my plan, etc. They also asked some difficult questions, like "We already have a lot of IT applicants, why do we need to take another one?". I could come up with many good answers to this question now, but at that time, my brain went dead for a second. I think I showed them my motivation and I am committed to the study. However, I don't think I got a really high mark that they will take me immediately. Afterall, they will think that "he already got the CU offer, it doesn't hurt him if we reject him".

I am glad that I could at least have a chance to talk to them. It lets me re-evaluate my more after the interview.

Let's see whether I will hear anything from them today. Otherwise, I will have to act quickly and complete the CU registration (and pay them immediately :< )

No comments: